Subject: Re: [OMPI users] warning:regcache incompatible with malloc
From: Tim Prins (tprins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-27 10:36:55

Hi Valmor,

I prefer to just set the environment variable in my .bashrc so I never
have to think about it again. Also it might be slightly better since
Open MPI tries to be network neutral, and linking the application
against the Myrinet libraries violates that principle. But if you are
only ever going to use the particular compilation with Myrinet anyways,
I suppose it does not matter.

I guess this is a long way of saying that it is just personal preference.

Hope this helps,

Tim