Subject: Re: [OMPI users] ETH BTL
From: Torsten Hoefler (htor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-22 16:33:33

> Sorry if this has already been discussed, am new
> to this list.
Sorry for th elate reply, I was pretty stressed out due to the
Supercomputing Conference lately.

> I came across the ETH BTL from
> and was wondering whether this protocol is
> available / integrated into OpenMPI.
yes and no. The full source code is available at:

It consists of a kernel module implementing the low latency sockets and
a BTL for Open MPI that uses those new sockets.

However, this is a stable version that does not have flow control. A
newer version of the code with flow control (which is still being
developed/potentially buggy) is available on request only (ask me if you
are interested to test it).

Indiana University    |
Open Systems Lab      |
150 S. Woodlawn Ave.  | Bloomington, IN, 474045-7104 | USA
Lindley Hall Room 135 | +01 (812) 855-3608