Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI - compilation
From: Tim Prins (tprins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-15 11:16:47

I have seen situations where after installing Open MPI, the wrapper
compilers did not create any executables, and seemed to do nothing.

I was never able to figure out why the wrappers were broken, and
reinstalling Open MPI always seemed to make it work.

If I recall correctly, when this happened 'mpicc --showme' returned nothing.

FWIW, I only ever saw this on old versions of Open MPI, so I would
second Jeff in recommending an upgrade.

Tim