Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI - compilation
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-14 20:49:54

What version of Open MPI are you using? I see that particular error
listed in the "rmgr" part of the code base, not the "pls" part of the
code base in the current release (1.2.4). Meaning: I'm guessing that
the fact that this help message is not found in your version has been
fixed in a later version.

As George pointed out, the real issue is that the "mpitest1"
executable was not found when OMPI tried to run it. Do you have
mpitest1 available on all nodes where you tried to run it? (e.g., via
NFS or some global filesystem)

On Nov 14, 2007, at 5:08 PM, George Bosilca wrote:

> The real error message hidden behind the argv0-not-accesible is:
> Failed to find or execute the following executable:
>
> george.
>
> On Nov 14, 2007, at 4:08 PM, Sajjad wrote:
>
>> Hello Brock,
>>
>> I renamed the whole file as mpitest1.c and issued the following
>> command
>>
>> mpicc mpitest1.c -o mpitest1
>> mpirun -np 4 ./mpitest1
>>
>> then i got the following output:

>> Sorry! You were supposed to get help about:
>> argv0-not-accessible
>> from the file:
>> help-pls-base.txt
>> But I couldn't find any file matching that name. Sorry!
>>
>> Could not actually follow what does that mean,
>>
>> Any idea?
>>

>> Regards
>> Sajjad

Cisco Systems