From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-07 13:05:32

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 07:00:31 -0800, Francesco Pietra wrote:

I was lucky, given my modest skill with systems. In a couple of hours the
system is OK again.

DOCK, configured for MPICH and compiled gcc, is now running parallel with
pointing to OpenMPI 1.2.3 compiled ifort/icc. Top -i shows all processors doing
their job and I waited to post until the procedure ended correctly.
Thanks
francesco

<snip>

> , according to benchmatcs carried out by a number of guys) (intels are free
as
> gnu for my private use). And pointing MPICH for a program compiled gnu C
(like
> DOCK) to OpenMPI compiled intel was OK. ifort does not work if no icc is
> present, so you may understand why.

that is not true - ifort lives happily without icc - also in OpenMPI
context (and MPICH).

<snip>

Karsten

http://mail.yahoo.com