From: Adrian Knoth (adi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-07 05:03:56

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 09:45:24AM +0000, Karsten Bolding wrote:

> Hello

Hi!

> Are there any known issues with ubuntus version of libtool. When I run

Libtool is always an issue ;) To circumvent this, we have a Makefile
fetching the right versions, compiling the whole autotools chain,
prepends the new PATH and then compiles OMPI.

Place the attached Makefile as i.e. /tmp/my-ompi/Makefile, get the svn
snapshot into /tmp/my-ompi/ompi and just run "make" in /tmp/my-ompi/.

Over here, it looks like this:

adi_at_ipc654:/var/tmp/meta-ompi/trunk$ ls
Makefile Rakefile cc.build.job cunit ompi test tool unittests

You don't need to care about the other files, just to outline where to
place the OMPI source.

You might want to change CONFIGURE_FLAGS in the Makefile, you'd probably
comment out the debug line and go for the second variant.

HTH

--
Cluster and Metacomputing Working Group
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Germany