From: Andrew Friedley (afriedle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-06 13:38:08

All thread support is disabled by default in Open MPI; the uDAPL BTL is
neither thread safe nor makes use of a threaded uDAPL implementation.
For completeness, the thread support is controlled by the
--enable-mpi-threads and --enable-progress-threads options to the
configure script.

The referense you're seeing to libpthread.so.0 is a side effect of the
way we print backtraces when crashes occur and can be ignored.

How exactly does your MPI program fail? Make sure you take a look at
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/ and provide all relevant
information.

Andrew