From: Jon Mason (jon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-31 18:11:39

I am having a bit of a problem getting udapl to work via mpirun (over
open-mpi, obviously). I am running a basic pingpong test and I get the
following error.

# mpirun --n 2 --host vic12-10g,vic20-10g -mca btl udapl,self /usr/mpi/gcc/open*/tests/IMB*/IMB-MPI1 pingpong
Process 0.1.1 is unable to reach 0.1.0 for MPI communication.
If you specified the use of a BTL component, you may have
forgotten a component (such as "self") in the list of
usable components.
It looks like MPI_INIT failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort. There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during MPI_INIT; some of which are due to configuration or
environment
problems. This failure appears to be an internal failure; here's some
additional information (which may only be relevant to an Open MPI
developer):

  PML add procs failed
  --> Returned "Unreachable" (-12) instead of "Success" (0)
*** An error occurred in MPI_Init
*** before MPI was initialized
*** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (goodbye)
Process 0.1.0 is unable to reach 0.1.1 for MPI communication.
If you specified the use of a BTL component, you may have
forgotten a component (such as "self") in the list of
usable components.
It looks like MPI_INIT failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort. There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during MPI_INIT; some of which are due to configuration or
environment
problems. This failure appears to be an internal failure; here's some
additional information (which may only be relevant to an Open MPI
developer):

  PML add procs failed
  --> Returned "Unreachable" (-12) instead of "Success" (0)
*** An error occurred in MPI_Init
*** before MPI was initialized
*** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (goodbye)

The command is successful if udapl is replaced with tcp or openib. So I
think my setup is correct. Also, dapltest successfully completes
without any problems over IB or iWARP.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon