From: Jeff Pummill (jpummil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-26 10:52:42

I am doing some testing on a variety of 8-core nodes in which I just
want to execute a couple of executables and have them distributed to the
available cores without overlapping. Typically, this would be done with
a parameter like /-machinefile machines/, but I have no idea what names
to put into the /machines/ file as this is a single node with two quad
core cpu's. As I am launching the jobs sans scheduler, I need to specify
what cores to run on I would think to keep from overscheduling some
cores while others receive nothing to do at all.

Simple suggestions? Maybe Open MPI takes care of this detail for me?

Jeff Pummill