From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-24 20:59:30

Those are the three libraries that are typically required. I don't
know anything about xcode, so I don't know if there's any other
secret sauce that you need to use.

Warner -- can you shed any light here?

To verify your Open MPI installation, you might want to try compiling
a trivial MPI application outside of xcode with the simple "mpicc"
wrapper compiler, such as:

     mpicc mpi_hello_world.c -o mpi_hello_world

You can also see what underlying command mpicc is invoking with:

     mpicc mpi_hello_world.c -o mpi_hello_world --showme

But I will pretty much guarantee that if you have mixed multiple MPI
implementations (LAM and Open MPI) in the same directory tree, things
won't work. It would be best to fully uninstall one (e.g., LAM) and
then re-install the other (e.g., Open MPI). If you've lost the build
directory for LAM, you can download a new source tarball from www.lam-
mpi.org.

On Oct 21, 2007, at 11:13 PM, Tony Sheh wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm working in xcode and i'm trying to build an application that
> links against the OMPI libraries. So far i've included the following
> files in the build:
>
> libmpi.dylib
> libopen-pal.dylib
> libopen-rte.dylib
>
> and the errors i get are
>
> Undefined symbols:
> .... all the MPI functions you can think of......
>

> as well as a warning: "suggest use of -bind_at_load, as lazy binding
> may result in errors or different symbols being used
>
> I've compiled and linked to the static libraries (using ./configure --
> enable-static) and i get the same errors. Also, i previously the
> latest version of lam/mpi installed. I didn't uninstall it since i
> lost the original directory as well as the make and configure
> settings. If that is the conflict then any information about how to
> resolve it would be good.
>
> Thanks!
> Tony

Cisco Systems