From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-24 20:55:57

We don't really have this kind of fine-grained processor affinity
control in Open MPI yet.

Is there a reason you want to oversubscribe cores this way? Open MPI
assumes that each process should be as aggressive as possible in
terms of performance -- spinning heavily until progress can be made
on message passing, etc.

On Oct 23, 2007, at 3:15 PM, Siamak Riahi wrote:

> I have a question about using the open mpi.
>
> I want to tie "N" number of processes to one core and "M" number of
> processes to another core. I want to know if open mpi is capable of
> doing that.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Siamak

Cisco Systems