From: Peter Kjellstrom (cap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-22 17:13:03

On Monday 22 October 2007, Bill Johnstone wrote:
> Hello All.
>
> We are starting to need resource/scheduling management for our small
> cluster, and I was wondering if any of you could provide comments on
> what you think about Torque vs. SLURM? On the basis of the appearance
> of active development as well as the documentation, SLURM seems to be
> superior, but can anyone shed light on how they compare in use?

I won't attempt a full analysis but here are two small (random) crumbs of
information.

1) Slurm keeps the name of stuff sepparate from the contact address
(ControlMachine=hostname, ControlAddr=IP/whatever). This alone wins my heart
any day of the week.

2) The scheduler can be a weak point for slurm. If you can live with the built
in trivial one then great. If you need more and happen to find something that
is free and works (or writes one yourself) then let me know ;-)

/Peter