From: Jim Kusznir (jkusznir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-19 12:03:28

I caught some of that above...I suspect rpm's build environment for
cross-platform building "leaves much to be desired"...At this point, I
was thinking my best option would be to set up a i386 box and build
the .i386 libs on that.

I must say, I'm pretty disappointed in rpm, as the x86_64 platform
seems to "require" both 64 and 32 versions of its libs and devel
files. Yet, on a x86_64 platform, it doesn't appear that the 32-bit
versions can be generated reliably.

Unfortunately for me, I need the binaries in rpm form, as this will be
"mass-deployed" to a ROCKs cluster, and the installer installs rpms.

--Jim