From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-16 12:28:11

On Oct 16, 2007, at 11:56 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2007, at 11:20 AM, Brian Granger wrote:
>
>> Wow, that is quite a study of the different options. I will spend
>> some time looking over things to better understand the (complex)
>> situation. I will also talk with Lisandro Dalcin about what he
>> thinks
>> the best approach is for mpi4py. One question though. You said that
>> nothing had changed in this respect from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4, but 1.2.3
>> doesn't show the problem. Does this make sense?
>
> I wondered about that as well. Is there any chance that you simply
> weren't using the one-sided MPI functionality between your different
> versions?
>
> Or are you using the same version of your software with v1.2.3 and
> v1.2.4 of OMPI? If so, I'm kinda at a loss. :-(
>
> FWIW: our one-sided support loads lazily; it doesn't load during
> MPI_INIT like most of the rest of the plugins that we have. Since
> not many MPI applications use it, we decided to make it only load the
> osc plugins the first time an MPI window is created.

Actually, I never wrote the lazy open code, so we load the components
during MPI_INIT. They aren't initialized until first use, but they
are loaded. Just to verify, I did a build of 1.2.3 and of 1.2.4 and
there's no difference in the list of undefined symbols or library
references between the pt2pt osc components in the two builds.

Still at a loss for why the change between releases -- I would not
have expected it to work with 1.2.3.

Brian.