From: Richard Graham (rlgraham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-12 12:49:52

------ Forwarded Message
From: Richard Graham <rlgraham_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:48:04 -0400
To: "mpi-21_at_[hidden]" <mpi-21_at_[hidden]>
Conversation: SC'07 MPI Forum organization meeting
Subject: [mpi-21] SC'07 MPI Forum organization meeting

As previously announced, we will be holding a meeting on Wed. Nov. 14th,
from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm in room D6 at the Sparks convention center in Reno -
site of SC'07. The intent of the meeting is to organize for an active
period of the MPI forum. The proposed agenda is:

 * Introduction: why restart the forum discussions
 * Scope of effort - discussion. There is a wide range of opinions on how
to proceed, with a clear need for clarifications and simple corrections to
the 2.0 standard (such as changing the size of the length parameter used in
MPI send functions), as well as a desire for larger changes to the standard,
such as adding functionality to support process fault tolerance. We need to
decide if to consider both types of of changes in a single standard change,
as parallel but distinct set of changes to the standard, or some other
approach.
 * Form of effort - all electronic, mix of electronic and periodic
face-to-face meetings, or some other manner.
 * Voting procedures - who can vote, how are votes conducted, etc.
 * Organizational structure - Identify those who will handle forum
logistics.

If time permits:
 * List of initial topics of interest. I will compile a list of initial
items, so please send topics of interest to mpi-21_at_[hidden] .

Please feel free to comment on the agenda, and more important, please plan
to attend.

Thanks,
Rich Graham

------ End of Forwarded Message