From: Torsten Hoefler (htor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-09 11:35:56

On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 09:29:25PM +0200, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> I'm CC'ing Torsten Hoefler -- he's the main developer of libnbc and
> will answer your question (he just realized he was not subscribed to
> this list :-) ).
thanks Jeff!

> On Oct 1, 2007, at 10:43 AM, Neeraj Chourasia wrote:
>
> >Hello Everyone,
> >
> > I was checking the development version from svn and found that
> >support for libnbc is going to come in next release.
> >I thought of compiling it, but failed to do.
> >Could some one suggest me how to get it compiled.
> >When i made changes to configure script(Basically added some
> >flags), its giving output saying, libnbc can't be compiled.
Yes, we are working on integrating LibNBC into Open MPI 1.3 . Until
then, you might want to download and compile LibNBC separately. This is
a relatively easy task:

- configure, compile and install Open MPI as usual
- grab the newest version from:
https://www.unixer.de/research/nbcoll/libnbc/
- modify the Makefile accordingly (or use "cmake .")
- "make"
... and link programs using LibNBC against libnbc.a

Thanks & Best,
  Torsten

--
The biggest impediment to making decisions is too much knowledge.  --