From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-09 02:52:13

Excellent! Sorry it took so long to resolve this.

We could put in a few fixes to protect against this specific error
(where we call `which $CC|$CXX`), but I'm not sure if there are other
places in the configure process that rely on `foo` to output only 1
line of data. So I'm not sure that it would be worth it.

Specifically, I think that classifying this problem as a "user
configuration error" is acceptable. I'll add this particular issue
to the FAQ, though, because it was sufficiently weird/non-obvious
what the real problem was so that it will be google-able.

FWIW, shouldn't DISPLAY stuff be set in .login (vs. .tcshrc)?

Cisco Systems