I tried to look at the checksum of my version of sed, and got a
different number. I also found instructions on an Octave web page
about loading the GNU sed on a Mac, to replace the POSIX flavored one
that comes with it. I was able to load sed-4.1.4, but still don't
get your checksums (I changed the name of the original Mac sed to
__sed). Are you using the Mac supplied sed or not?
MD5 (/usr/local/bin/sed) = 010000f9ed14ed1fa9fcf7406dd8a609
MD5 (/usr/bin/__sed) = e8e106779d71f6f2cca9c7157ce4b5eb
However, this new sed made only a slight difference on
openmpi-1.2.3: instead of getting unescaped newlines, I now get
unterminated "s" commands:
(and with openmpi-1.2.4, I still get the same problem reported
yesterday when I try to "make" the successfully configured 1.2.4,
namely that line 602 of Makefile is missing a separator).
checking for OMPI LIBS...
checking for OMPI extra include dirs...
*** Final output
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating ompi/include/ompi/version.h
sed: file ./confstatA1BhUF/subs-3.sed line 33: unterminated `s' command
sed: file ./confstatA1BhUF/subs-4.sed line 4: unterminated `s' command
config.status: creating orte/include/orte/version.h