From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-05 23:31:50

On Oct 5, 2007, at 8:48 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> With the (Debian package of the) current 1.2.4 release, I am seeing
> a lot of
>
> mca: base: component_find: unable to open osc pt2pt: file not
> found (ignored)
>
> that I'd like to suppress.
>
> For these Debian packages, we added a (commented-out by default)
> entry to
> suppress the Infiniband noise when no Infiniband hardware is to be
> found. I
> would like to suppress this 'osc pt2pt' message too.
>
> But all attempts at guestimating parameters for
> /etc/openmpi/openmpi-mca-params.conf
> based on what
> ompi_info all all
> shows failed. Could someone help me along?

This is a bit different, and points to something bad going on. The
error message is that for some reason, a library that the pt2pt
component depends on was not found. The pt2pt osc component is
entirely built on the MPI layer -- it shouldn't have any external
dependencies. Can you run ldd on the library and see if there's
anything obvious?

Thanks,

Brian