From: Rainer Keller (keller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-28 11:17:07

Dear Yura,
On Friday 28 September 2007 15:44, Yu. Vishnevsky wrote:
> Is it possible to somehow build MPI-based program with OpenMPI in order to
> run it later on another SMP computer without having installed OpenMPI?
>
> Such possibility was in MPICH1 (-p4pg), but it would be better for me to
> use OpenMPI.
Sure: Build everything statically, library (--disable-shared --enable-static)
and application (e.g. with gcc -static, with icc -static or -i-static(v9.1) /
-static-intel(v10))
Then move the binary of Your application and the ompi-tools to another (SMP)
machine, which does not have the usual installation of ompi-tools/orte
available.

However, You have to be aware, that in case of error messages, the help-files
are not available, so the out probably is not very meaningful...

Also, depending on the interconnect, that is configured & installed, You may
need to have certain system/interconnect libraries (such as for IB).
available.

Hope this helps.

With best regards,
Rainer

Dipl.-Inf. Rainer Keller   http://www.hlrs.de/people/keller
 HLRS                          Tel: ++49 (0)711-685 6 5858
 Nobelstrasse 19                  Fax: ++49 (0)711-685 6 5832
 70550 Stuttgart                    email: keller_at_[hidden]
 Germany                             AIM/Skype:rusraink
"Emails save time, not printing them saves trees!"