From: Massimo Cafaro (massimo.cafaro_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-28 06:56:49

Dear all,

when I try to compile my MPI code on 64 bits intel Mac OS X the build
fails since the Open MPI library has been compiled using 32 bits. Can
you please provide in the next version the ability at configure time
to choose between 32 and 64 bits or even better compile by defaults
using both modes?

To reproduce the problem, simply compile on 64 bits intel Mac OS X an
MPI application using mpicc -arch x86_64. The 64 bits linker
complains as follows:

ld64 warning: in /usr/local/mpi/lib/libmpi.dylib, file is not of
required architecture
ld64 warning: in /usr/local/mpi/lib/libopen-rte.dylib, file is not of
required architecture
ld64 warning: in /usr/local/mpi/lib/libopen-pal.dylib, file is not of
required architecture

and a number of undefined symbols is shown, one for each MPI function
used in the application.

Thank you in advance, and best regards.

*******************************
  Massimo Cafaro, Ph.D.                             National
Nanotechnology Laboratory (NNL/CNR-INFM)
  Assistant Professor                                    Euro-
Mediterranean Centre for Climate Change
  Dept. of Engineering for Innovation        SPACI Consortium
  University of Salento, Lecce, Italy
  Via per Monteroni                                      Voice  +39
0832 297371 Fax +39 0832 298173
  73100 Lecce, Italy                                     Web
http://sara.unile.it/~cafaro
  E-mail massimo.cafaro_at_[hidden]             cafaro_at_[hidden]