The Open MPI Team, representing a consortium of research, academic,
and industry partners, is pleased to announce the release of Open MPI
version 1.2.4. This release is mainly a bug fix release over the v1.2.3
release, but there are few new features. We strongly recommend
that all users upgrade to version 1.2.4 if possible.
Version 1.2.4 can be downloaded from the main Open MPI web site or
any of its mirrors (mirrors will be updating shortly).
Here are a list of changes in v1.2.4 as compared to v1.2.3:
- Really added support for TotalView/DDT parallel debugger message queue
debugging (it was mistakenly listed as "added" in the 1.2 release).
- Fixed a build issue with GNU/kFreeBSD. Thanks to Petr Salinger for
- Added missing MPI_FILE_NULL constant in Fortran. Thanks to
Bernd Schubert for bringing this to our attention.
- Change such that the UDAPL BTL is now only built in Linux when
explicitly specified via the --with-udapl configure command line
- Fixed an issue with umask not being propagated when using the TM
- Fixed behavior if number of slots is not the same on all bproc nodes.
- Fixed a hang on systems without GPR support (ex. Cray XT3/4).
- Prevent users of 32-bit MPI apps from requesting >= 2GB of shared
- Added a Portals MTL.
- Fix 0 sized MPI_ALLOC_MEM requests. Thanks to Lisandro Dalcin for
pointing out the problem.
- Fixed a segfault crash on large SMPs when doing collectives.
- A variety of fixes for Cray XT3/4 class of machines.
- Fixed which error handler is used when MPI_COMM_SELF is passed
to MPI_COMM_FREE. Thanks to Lisandro Dalcini for the bug report.
- Fixed compilation on platforms that don't have hton/ntoh.
- Fixed a logic problem in the fortran binding for MPI_TYPE_MATCH_SIZE.
Thanks to Jeff Dusenberry for pointing out the problem and supplying
- Fixed a problem with MPI_BOTTOM in various places of the f77-interface.
Thanks to Daniel Spangberg for bringing this up.
- Fixed problem where MPI-optional Fortran datatypes were not
- Fixed several problems with stdin/stdout forwarding.
- Fixed overflow problems with the sm mpool MCA parameters on large SMPs.
- Added support for the DDT parallel debugger via orterun's --debug
command line option.
- Added some sanity/error checks to the openib MCA parameter parsing
- Updated the udapl BTL to use RDMA capabilities.
- Allow use of the BProc head node if it was allocated to the user.
Thanks to Sean Kelly for reporting the problem and helping debug it.
- Fixed a ROMIO problem where non-blocking I/O errors were not properly
reported to the user.
- Made remote process launch check the $SHELL environment variable if
a valid shell was not otherwise found for the user.
Thanks to Alf Wachsmann for the bugreport and suggested fix.
- Added/updated some vendor IDs for a few openib HCAs.
- Fixed a couple of failures that could occur when specifying devices
for use by the OOB.
- Removed dependency on sysfsutils from the openib BTL for
libibverbs >=v1.1 (i.e., OFED 1.2 and beyond).
Open Systems Lab