From: Michael (mklus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-20 08:51:42

On Sep 20, 2007, at 7:49 AM, Tim Prins wrote:

> This is because Open MPI is finding gcc for the C compiler and
> ifort for
> the Fortran compiler.

Just to be clear: it is possible to build OpenMPI using ifort for
Fortran and gcc for the C compiler on at least Linux. I have done
that on several Linux systems for many releases of OpenMPI, but have
not tried on OS X. On OS X I have been using g95.

For reference below is my build commands for Linux with ifort:

./configure F77=ifort FC=ifort --with-mpi-f90-size=small ; make all

For reference below is my build commands OS X with g95:

./configure F77=g95 FC=g95 LDFLAGS=-lSystemStubs --with-mpi-f90-
size=small ; make all

I'm not aware if special flags are needed with ifort on OS X, but -
ISystemStubs is required for g95 and might be for ifort as well on OS X.

Michael