From: Tobias Burnus (burnus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-19 13:19:38

If I start an MPI job with:

mpirun -np 2

the following gets shown:

[0,1,0]: OpenIB on host tux was unable to find any HCAs.
Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
lower performance.
[0,1,0]: uDAPL on host tux was unable to find any NICs.
Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
lower performance.
libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.

before it runs the job. The point is: As I have *one* SMP machine, there
is no need to use Infiniband etc. as accessing the local memory directly
will be faster ;-)

Why is this message shown in this case?

(I read that one can suppress the first message via "btl=^openib" in
/etc/openmpi-mca-params.conf:.)

Tobias