From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-14 15:03:18

On Sep 14, 2007, at 2:51 PM, Robert Latham wrote:

>> Ok. Maybe we'll just make a hard-coded string somewhere "ROMIO from
>> MPICH2 vABC, on AA/BB/CCCC" or somesuch. That'll at least give some
>> indication of what version you've got.
>
> That sort-of reminds me: ROMIO (well, all of MPICH2) is going to move
> to SVN "one of these days". Once we've done that, you'll be able to
> sync up with both MPICH2 releases and our development branch. I think
> it wouldn't be a problem for us to tag ROMIO whenever you sync up with
> it.

Coolio. Would you be ameniable to a few patches? I think we can
remove all the file renaming stuff, but there are some other things
that we did to make ROMIO integrate nicely into Open MPI (the biggest
issue was configure and the build system, but I know that Brian has
"some ideas" about that - I don't know what they are, though).

Moving ROMIO to public SVN wont' solve many of the integration and
logistics issues, but it would allow us to snarf patches directly
from your SVN, which might make our continual-over-time integration a
little easier. In a perfect world, it would be great to svn:external
our romio directory to a particular tag/release in your SVN, but I
think that's probably too much to hope for.

I can't remember all the particulars offhand; we'd probably want to
have a sit-down discussion with you, Brian, and me to figure this
stuff out if you're interested.

Cisco Systems