From: Robert Latham (robl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-14 13:27:50

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 10:18:55AM -0400, Brock Palen wrote:
> Is there a way to find out which ADIO options romio was built with?

not easily. You can use 'nm' and look at the symbols :>

> Also does OpenMPI's romio come with pvfs2 support included? What
> about Luster or GPFS.

OpenMPI has shipped with PVFS v2 support for a long time. Not sure
how you enable it, though. --with-filesystems=ufs+nfs+pvfs2 might
work for OpenMPI as it does for MPICH2.

All versions of ROMIO support Lustre and GPFS the same way: with the
"generic unix filesystem" (UFS) driver. Weikuan Yu at ORNL has been
working on a native "AD_LUSTRE" driver and some improvements to ROMIO
collective I/O. Likely to be in the next ROMIO release.

For GPFS, the only optimized MPI-IO implementation is IBM's MPI for
AIX. You're likely to see decent performance with the UFS driver,
though.

==rob

--
Rob Latham