From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-13 17:29:00

Is it possible to have two different compilations of openmpi on the same
machine (dual-opterons, Debian Linux etch)?

On that parallel computer sander.MPI (Amber9) and openmpi 1.2.3 have both been
compiled with Intel Fortran 9.1.036.

Now, I wish to install DOCK6 on this machine and I am advised that it should be
better compiled on GNU compilers. As to openmpi I could install the Debian
package, which is GNU compiled. Are conflicts between the two installation
foreseeable? Although I don't have experience with DOCK, I suspect that certain
procedures with DOCK call sander.MPI into play.

I rule out the alternative of compiling Amber9 with GNU compilers, which will
run slower.

Thanks

francesco pietra

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/