From: Pak Lui (Pak.Lui_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-13 13:06:34

Hi Tim,

You could try setting -mca pls_gridengine_verbose 1 to show whether SGE
is able to start the ORTE daemons on the remote nodes successfully.

It seems you are having the problem previously asked by another user,
Perhaps you may want to follow this thread and check your ifconfig
settings to see if anything suspicious?
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2007/02/2669.php

My 2 cents...

Tim Campbell wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am using OpenMPI v1.2.3 via SGE on a network of amd64
> workstations. When mpirun tries to start the processes on certain
> nodes I get the following error output.
>
> [sr70][0,1,2][btl_tcp_endpoint.c:
> 572:mca_btl_tcp_endpoint_complete_connect] connect() failed with
> errno=111
> [sr71][0,1,3][btl_tcp_endpoint.c:
> 572:mca_btl_tcp_endpoint_complete_connect] connect() failed with
> errno=111
>
> Using perl -e 'die$!=111' I see that the error message is "Connection
> refused". I am able to connect to both nodes in question via ssh and/
> or rsh. I changed btl_base_debug to 2, but that did not provide
> additional information.
>
> What are some possible issues that might be causing this? What can I
> do to get more information?
>
> Thanks,
> ~Tim

- Pak Lui