From: Amit Kumar Saha (amitsaha.in_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-29 02:12:29

hello all,

I am just trying to get started with OpenMPI (version 1.1) on Linux.

When I try to run a simple MPI - "Hello World" program, here is what i get:

amit_at_ubuntu-desktop-1:~/junk/mpi-codes$ mpirun -np 1 --hostfile
mpi-host-file ./a.out
libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
[0,1,0]: OpenIB on host ubuntu-desktop-1 was unable to find any HCAs.
Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
lower performance.
Processor 0 of 1: Hello World!

Please explain the statements above.

Also, when I am trying to launch the above process on 2 processors,
instead of one, it gives me:

Failed to find or execute the following executable:

Host: ubuntu-desktop-2
Executable: ./a.out

Cannot continue.

Does that mean I have to place a copy of the executable on the other
node as well? Where should I place the executable?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

--
Amit Kumar Saha