From: Hiep Bui Hoang (bhoanghiep_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-22 02:27:25

Hi,
I had compiled and installed Open MPI with C/R support in the way Josh said.
When finished, Open MPI had support and tools for C/R: ompi-checkpoint,
ompi-restart.
And I try an example ( hello_c.c in examples folder, but I edit it with a
for loop to print out "Hello..." 1,000,000 times)
But I get this error:
Error: The application (PID = 23573) failed to checkpoint properly.
       Returned -1.

The steps what I had do:
         # mpicc hello_c.c -o hello
         # mpirun -np 4 -am ft-enable-cr hello

    I get PID of this mpirun with another shell and do:
         # ompi-checkpoint 23573
            Error: The application (PID = 23573) failed to checkpoint
properly.
                 Returned -1.

What's wrong with this error?
Could you help me an example about using C/R in Open MPI?
Hiep

hello_c.c
#include <stdio.h>
#include "mpi.h"
int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
    int rank, size, i;
    MPI_Init(&argc, &argv);
    MPI_Comm_rank(MPI_COMM_WORLD, &rank);
    MPI_Comm_size(MPI_COMM_WORLD, &size);
    for(i=0; i<1000000; i++){
            printf("%d Hello, world, I am %d of %d\n",i,rank, size);
    }
    MPI_Barrier(MPI_COMM_WORLD);
    MPI_Finalize();
    return 0;