From: Brian Barrett (bbarrett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-22 00:05:32

On Aug 21, 2007, at 3:32 PM, Lev Givon wrote:

> configure: WARNING: *** Shared libraries have been disabled (--
> disable-shared)
> configure: WARNING: *** Building MCA components as DSOs
> automatically disabled
> checking which components should be static... none
> checking for projects containing MCA frameworks... opal, orte, ompi
>
> Specifying --enable-shared --enable-static results in the same
> behavior, incidentally. Is the above to be expected?

Yes, this is expected. This is just a warning that we build
components into the library rather than as run-time loadable
components when static libraries are enabled. This is probably not
technically necessary on Linux and OS X, but in general is the
easiest thing for us to do. So you should have a perfectly working
build with this setup.

Brian

--
   Brian W. Barrett