From: Tudor Buican (tudor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-17 16:46:44

Hi, everybody.

I just added OpenMPI 1.2.3 to a Rocks cluster that already had OpenMPI
1.1 installed. I built an rpm for 1.2.3 from the tarball I had
downloaded from, and I used the option --with-devel-
headers, which I needed in order to build a software package that
required all the headers.

So far, so good. However, I am now trying to build yet another software
package that requires OpenMPI, only to find that it needs what appear to
be missing mca-related libraries. When I compared the lib directories
for OpenMPI versions 1.1 and 1.2.3, I noticed that 1.1 had a whole bunch
of mca-related libraries, like libmca_common_sm, mca_allocator_basic,
etc., which are missing from my newly built version 1.2.3.

Any suggestions about how to get the full set of 1.2.3 libraries would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tudor N. Buican, PhD
Managing Member