From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-17 14:59:34

If you care, there's a decent explanation on that web page of what
the issue is and why MPI has problems with it (mainly dealing with
non-blocking communication operations), and another good explanation
is provided in the 2nd half of chapter 10 of the MPI-2 spec (the
Fortran section of the Language Bindings chapter).

     http://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/mpi-20-html/node234.htm

Enjoy. :-)

On Aug 17, 2007, at 12:59 PM, George Bosilca wrote:

> This is not a problem generated by the MPI library. The problem come
> from the Fortran compilers themselves and therefore apply to all MPI
> libraries (including Open MPI).
>
> george.
>
> On Aug 17, 2007, at 12:34 PM, Brock Palen wrote:
>
>> As a SA I am not well learned in the ways of fortran, I am also less
>> learned in the ways of the internals of OMPI.
>> We use the PGI compilers with OMPI and we have a user who is
>> wondering does the the following issue apply to openMPI?
>>
>> http://nf.apac.edu.au/training/MPI/MPI_2.0/node236.html#Node238
>>
>> Brock Palen
>> Center for Advanced Computing
>> brockp_at_[hidden]