From: Andrew Friedley (afriedle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-15 11:44:27

I'm helping someone at LLNL get running with Open MPI, and the current
snag seems to be that stdin redirection doesnt work right. A quick look
at the orterun manpage indicates something like this should work:

mpirun -np 1 cat < foo.txt

If I run just say on the head node without any slurm allocation, this
works just the same as `cat < foo.txt`. But if I grab a one node
interactive slurm allocation, then run the same command again (cat
should now be running out on the compute node), I get no output. Is
this expected behavior? I'm seeing this on a recent trunk build and
1.2.3 release.

Andrew