From: smairal_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-08-14 17:35:31

Thanks, I understand what you are saying. But my query is regarding the
design of MPI_AllReduce for shared-memory systems. I mean is there any
different logic/design of MPI_AllReduce when OpenMPI is used on
shared-memory systems?
The standard MPI_AllReduce says,
1. Each MPI process sends its value (and WAIT for others to send)
2. Values from all the processes is combined
3. Computed result is sent back to all processes (all LEAVE)
Does OpenMPI implement the same logic/design for shared-memory system or
it has some other way of doing it for shared-memory?

-Thanks,
Sarang.