From: jody (jody.xha_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-14 05:42:17

Hi
I installed openmpi 1.2.2 on a quad core intel machine running fedora 6
(hostname plankton)
I set PATH and LD_LIBRARY in the .zshrc file:
$ echo $PATH
/opt/openmpi/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/jody/bin
$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/opt/openmpi/lib:

When i run
$ mpirun -np 2 ./MPITest2
i get the message
./MPI2Test2: error while loading shared libraries: libmpi_cxx.so.0: cannot
./MPI2Test2: error while loading shared libraries: libmpi_cxx.so.0: cannot

However
$ mpirun -np 2 --prefix /opt/openmpi ./MPI2Test2
works. Any explanation?

Second problem:
I have also installed openmpi 1.2.2 on an AMD machine running gentoo linux
(hostname nano_02).
Here as well PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are set correctly,
and
$ mpirun -np 2 ./MPITest2
works locally on nano_02.

If, however, from plankton i call
$ mpirun -np 2 --prefix /opt/openmpi --host nano_02 ./MPI2Test2
the call hangs with no output whatsoever.
Any pointers on how to solve this problem?

Thank You
  Jody