From: Marcus R. Epperson (mrepper_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-08 16:01:01

We have a code that takes "-host <host>" as command-line arguments, and when run via orterun they are getting replaced with "-rawmap 1 <host>". I would have expected orterun to stop parsing its own options after seeing the executable name.

Here's a simple reproducer:

$ cat myprogram.sh
#!/bin/bash
echo "$@"

$ ./myprogram.sh a b -host c
a b -host c

$ orterun -n 1 ./myprogram.sh a b -host c
a b -rawmap 1 c

This seems like a bug to me, but maybe there is some other simple invocation that would make it work as expected. I tried adding a "--" argument before the executable name in hopes that it would stop argument processing at that point (similar to bash), but it had no effect.

Thanks for any help,
-Marcus