From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-27 15:57:53

On Jul 27, 2007, at 2:48 PM, Galen Shipman wrote:

>> I set up ompi before I configured Torque. Do I need to recompile
>> ompi
>> with appropriate torque configure options to get better integration?
>
> If libtorque wasn't present on the machine at configure then yes, you
> need to run:
>
> ./configure --with-tm=<path>

You don't *have* to do this, of course. If you've got it working
with ssh, that's fine. But the integration with torque can be better:

- you can disable ssh for non-root accounts (assuming no other
services need rsh/ssh)
- users don't have to setup ssh keys to run MPI jobs (a small thing,
but sometimes nice when the users aren't computer scientists)
- torque knows about all processes on all nodes (not just the mother
superior) and can therefore both track and kill them if necessary

Just my $0.02...

Cisco Systems