From: Lourival Mendes (mendes.lourival_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-26 15:34:29

   Dear Daniel and other users, As I can see the h2pas present on the
Lazarus can make a good job converting the h files into the pas files. Also
on the Lazarus home page there is some examples on using it with the MPICH
2. (http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Creating_bindings_for_C_libraries)
Does anybody tried something similar?? Like convert the h files present on
the C:\Program Files\MPICH2\include, for instance??

Thanks

Lourival Mendes

2007/7/26, Daniël Mantione <daniel.mantione_at_[hidden]>:

> On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Lourival Mendes wrote:
>
> > Hello every one, I'm new to the list also on MPI applications, as I'm
> > used to the Pascal Environment I would like to know if it is possible to
> use
> > the Open MPI with any Pascal Environment??
>
> I have taken a look at this some time ago. h2pas did a reasonably good job
> at the mpi.h file, some problems with macros. A hello world style of mpi
> application went okay, however, the generated mpi.pas needs
> correctness auditing.
>
> Problematic is the very poor job the openmpi team does at binary backwards
> compatibility, applications broke between 1.0 and 1.1, and again between
> 1.1 and 1.2. With such breakage, it is next to impossible to maintain an
> mpi.pas.
>
> > Such as Delphi and Lazarus
>
> Lazarus isn't a Pascal compiler, but an IDE.
>
> Daniël Mantione

Lourival J. Mendes Neto