From: Daniël Mantione (daniel.mantione_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-26 15:18:12

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Lourival Mendes wrote:

> Hello every one, I'm new to the list also on MPI applications, as I'm
> used to the Pascal Environment I would like to know if it is possible to use
> the Open MPI with any Pascal Environment??

I have taken a look at this some time ago. h2pas did a reasonably good job
at the mpi.h file, some problems with macros. A hello world style of mpi
application went okay, however, the generated mpi.pas needs
correctness auditing.

Problematic is the very poor job the openmpi team does at binary backwards
compatibility, applications broke between 1.0 and 1.1, and again between
1.1 and 1.2. With such breakage, it is next to impossible to maintain an
mpi.pas.

> Such as Delphi and Lazarus

Lazarus isn't a Pascal compiler, but an IDE.

Daniël Mantione