From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-24 15:17:12

Hi Jeff:
The application mailing list was the first I tried. So far the difficulty to
let amber know about openmpi remains, however. Therefore, with the serial
installation I am at a fraction of the possibilities of my machine.

I wonder whether by providing here the way openmpi was compiled and
(attachments) the config.h used to try to compile the application and
errors.log, forced to be generated during the compilation, may reveal a
solution to openmpi experts, ie how to set ./config for the application. It
seems to me that the application does not find the mpi libraries.

openmpi-1.2.3 was compiled on Debian Linux amd64 etch with

./configure CC=/opt/intel/cce/9.1.042/bin/icc
CXX=/opt/intel/cce/9.1.042/bin/icpc F77=/opt/intel/fce/9.1.036/bin/ifort
FC=/opt/intel/fce/9.1.036/bin/ifort --with-libnuma=/usr/lib

ompi_info |grep libnuma

ompi_info |grep maffinity

Amber9 parallel compilation was attempted on the same machine by first letting
it know about openmpi, as indicated in their manual:

export MPI_HOME=/usr/local/openmpi-1.2.3

Then:

make clean

./configure -openmpi ifort_x86_64

(must say that I did not find on the configure help a flag for the intel C
compiler, though probably this is not the issue; the application is set to use
gcc)

make parallel >& errors.log

Both errors.log and config.h (renamed config.hREN because .h does not result in
a true attachment with gnome)

All that under the hypothesis that a possible solution may be seen on the fly;
I can't expect that the problem is studied on the openmpi site.

Thanks

francesco pietra