From: Jeff Pummill (jpummil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-23 10:32:10

Good morning all,

I have been very impressed so far with OpenMPI on one of our smaller
clusters running Gnu compilers and Gig-E interconnects, so I am
considering a build on our large cluster. The potential problem is that
the compilers are Intel 8.1 versions and the Infiniband is supported by
three year old Topspin (now Cisco) drivers and libraries. Basically,
this is a cluster that runs a very heavy workload using MVAPICH, thus we
have adopted the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" methodology...thus
all of the drivers, libraries, and compilers are approximately 3 years old.

Would it be reasonable to expect OpenMPI 1.2.3 to build and run in such
an environment?

Thanks!

Jeff Pummill
University of Arkansas