From: Bill Johnstone (beejstone3_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-17 18:06:31

I made sure the TMPDIR environment variable was set to /tmp for
non-interactive logins, and got the same result as before.

Also specifying the "-mca tmpdir_base /tmp" command-line options gave
the same result as well.

I made a mistake in my previous e-mail however -- the user home
directories are also writable by each node (again, via NFS). /var and
/tmp are the only unique-per-node writable directories. I'm assuming
that by default, the session directory structure is created in the run
directory, or the user's home directory, or something similar?

/tmp and the home directories are both mounted nosuid, but are mounted
exec. Does mpirun write/run a suid executable in any of these
directories?

Thank you.

http://sims.yahoo.com/