From: Bill Johnstone (beejstone3_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-17 14:46:45

George Bosilca wrote:

> You can start by adding --debug-daemons and --debug to your mpirun
> command line. This will generate a lot of output related to the
> operations done internally by the launcher. If you send this output
> to the list we might be able to help you a little bit more.

OK, I added those, but got a message about needing to supply a suitable
debugger. If I supply the "--debugger gdb" argument, I just get dumped
into gdb. I'm not sure what I need to do next to get the launcher
output you mentioned. My knowledge of gdb is pretty rudimentary. Do I
need to set mpirun as the executable, and the use the gdb "run" command
with the mpirun arguments?

Do I need to rebuild openmpi with --enable-debug?