From: Ricardo Reis (rreis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-13 06:16:24

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> I admit to being baffled. :-(

My systems seem to have that effect on people... :)

> If general C++ applications seem to be working with icc/icpc, I do
> not know why OMPI would fail for you with icc/icpc (especially while
> accessing stack memory). What version of icc/icpc are you using?
> There were some bugs in the 8.x series that caused problems, IIRC...

5001.0 $ icc --version
icc (ICC) 10.0 20070426
Copyright (C) 1985-2007 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

5002.0 $ ifort --version
ifort (IFORT) 10.0 20070426
Copyright (C) 1985-2007 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

> Do the intel compilers come with any error checking tools to give
> more diagnostics?

yes, they come with their own debugger. I'll try to use it and send more
info when done.

thanks!,

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD student @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  <http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt>

  &

  Cultural Instigator @ Rádio Zero
  http://radio.ist.utl.pt