From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-12 14:41:30

On Jul 12, 2007, at 2:28 PM, Michael wrote:

> In the FAQ <http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=mpi-apps>, section
> labeled:
>
> 12. How do I build BLACS with Open MPI?
>
> INTFACE = -Df77IsF2C
>
> That INTFACE value is only for G77, G95, and related compilers.

> For the Intel Fortran compiler it is: -DAdd_

Really? I always thought that this flag discussed how to convert F77
MPI handles to C handles (some MPI implementations use integers for
MPI handles in C, so there's no conversion necessary, but LAM and
Open MPI use pointers, so using the MPI_*_f2c() functions are
necessary). Hence, it's not specific to a given fortran compiler.

But I could be completely misunderstanding this value...

UTK: can you confirm/deny both of these values? (I do not claim to
be a BLACS expert...)

> I have successfully built the combination of OpenMPI 1.2.3, ATLAS,
> BLACS, ScalaPack, and MUMPS using the Intel Fortran compiler on two
> different Debian Linux systems (3.0r3 on AMD Opterons and 4.0r0 on
> Intel Woodcrest/MacPro).
>
> Michael

Cisco Systems