From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-12 10:35:54

I admit to being baffled. :-(

If general C++ applications seem to be working with icc/icpc, I do
not know why OMPI would fail for you with icc/icpc (especially while
accessing stack memory). What version of icc/icpc are you using?
There were some bugs in the 8.x series that caused problems, IIRC...

Do the intel compilers come with any error checking tools to give
more diagnostics?

On Jul 12, 2007, at 3:28 AM, Ricardo Reis wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>
>> LAM uses C++ for the laminfo command and its wrapper compilers (mpicc
>> and friends). Did you use those successfully?
>
> yes, no problem.
>
> attached out from laminfo -all
> strace laminfo
>
> greets,
>
> Ricardo Reis
>
> 'Non Serviam'
>
> PhD student @ Lasef
> Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
> <http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt>
>
> &
>
> Cultural Instigator @ Rádio Zero
> http://radio.ist.utl.pt