From: Scott Atchley (atchley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-10 14:56:56

On Jul 10, 2007, at 2:37 PM, Brian Barrett wrote:

> Scott -
>
> I'm having trouble getting the warning to go away with Open MPI.
> I've disabled our copy of ptmalloc2, so we're not providing a malloc
> anymore. I'm wondering if there's also something with the use of
> DSOs to load libmyriexpress? Is your belief that MX_RCACHE=2 is safe
> just for the BTL or for the MTL as well?
>
> Brian

Hi Brian,

I asked another developer. He says that the issue is that Open MPI
uses dl_open() to load MX after the application has started. In that
case, MX cannot use the regcache. He believes that there is/was a
change made to the MX MTL to provide a reference to MX.

Patrick may want to clear this up further and correct me where I
probably have led you astray. ;-)

Scott