From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-04 03:05:44

Bummer. I know there's some kind of issue with the "noac" NFS value
(no attribute caching; when I enabled that on my cluster, my entire
cluster got veeerrrrryyy slooooowww with regards to NFS).

We unfortunately don't have much ROMIO expertise here on the OMPI
list; we pretty much import it from MPICH. You might want to ping
the MPICH list because it contains the ROMIO authors.

Sorry I don't have a better answer... :-\

On Jul 2, 2007, at 7:49 PM, Adams, Samuel D Contr AFRL/HEDR wrote:

> I wrote a code the other day to MPI IO to write files, and OpenMPI/
> ROMIO
> seems to be having problems with the NFS server. I have read that
> NFSv4
> and ROMIO don't perform very well together, but my problem is
> probably a
> misconfiguration of some kind. Basically when I use MPI IO to write a
> file on an exported file system, it basically hangs. If I try to
> run it
> to a local file system, it works great. I also get mixed results
> depending on which MPI I am using with our NFS server. Sometimes my
> code will work ok with some MPI implementations using the same NFS
> server, and other times it will hang like it does with OpenMPI which
> seems odd since I think MPICH, LAM-MPI, and OpenMPI all use ROMIO.
>
> Anyway, so if anyone can tell me how I should configure my NFS server,
> or OpenMPI to make ROMIO work properly, I would appreciate it.
>
> Sam Adams
> General Dynamics Information Technology
> Phone: 210.536.5945

Cisco Systems