From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-25 12:12:27

Henry:
Thanks.

The "icc" issue did not exist. The command line of ./configure was correct for
CXX respect. What was wrong was the lack of "/bin" before icpc.

Then, both ./configure and make commands OK.

Then, I tried

# checkinstall make install

which aborted (checkinstall has been removed from amd64 etch; an attempt to
compile from the source from the developing testing = lenny did not succeed;
the libraries are defined differently in etch and lenny). Luckily the abortion
ended in "Cleaning up OK".

Then

# make install

was probably successful. Unfortunately your email arrived too late so I had not
activated the compilers. My two tests were:

$ ompi_info | grep libnuma

which reported

MCA maaffinity: libnuma (MCA v1.0, API v1.0 Component v.1.2.3)

_____

$ ompi_info | grep maaffinity

which reported

MCA maaffinity: first_use (MCA v1.0, API v1.0 Component v.1.2.3)

MCA maaffinity: libnuma (MCA v1.0, API v1.0 Component v.1.2.3)

I remember to have seen indication how to check the installation of openmpi but
I am unable to trace them now.

For any suggestion, thanks. Before installing Amber9 it would be fine to have
indications about openmpi (installed in /usr/local, I have /usr/local/bin in my
PATH and /usr/local/lib in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH)

francesco

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC